Lunes, Oktubre 24, 2011

Roller coaster ride to motherhood


I always say that my pregnancy was really like a roller coaster ride. I had a very sensitive pregnancy and was considered at high risk. Well, they say each pregnancy is different. What works for some women might not work for others. Mine was different, too, in a way. I was already on my 8th week of pregnancy when I consulted an OB Gyne and had my first sonogram. To our dismay, we found out that I have a smooth muscle growing in the walls of my uterus and that's what you call -Myoma. It was already a size of an egg and grows as the fetus matures and develops. Nothing so serious until I got hospitalized few days after my 1st pre-natal check up due to spotting or threatened abortion. That was the start of my roller coaster ride to motherhood. I was put to bed rest then, no bathroom priviledges in the hospital. After few days I was discharged but again I was advised not to stress myself, take a lot of rest and drink my medicines. From then on, my trip to the mall, friends meet-ups were lessen. I spent most of my time at home, watching tv, reading my pregnancy books and magazines, surf the net, eat and sleep. I got bored doing that every single day of my pregnancy until reaching 4 or 5 months. I grabbed all opportunity that I have to go to malls & meet with my friends. Go here and there. At 24 weeks, I was rushed to the hospital due to pre-term labor. I swear it was so painful and the hardest part of my pregnancy. I had to stay in the delivery room with no companions, no visitors allowed. Again, no bathroom priviledges. Total bed rest. The doctors had to monitor my and my baby's condition round the clock. Kiehla was very eager to come out at that time. I had contractions every 5 minutes. The doctors gave me Ixocilan through an IV, they had to sedate me two times so I can sleep and relax. They had to insert what they call progesterone in my vagina everyday and through injection 3x a week. Thank God after a week my condition normalized. I was again put to bed rest. The only place I can go to is the hospital for weekly check up. My Ob had to give me injectible progesterone weekly until reaching 32 weeks. Imagine how hard and painful that was and not to mention very expensive. One progesterone costs about 1500-2000 pesos. There were times I feel giving up. I broke down several times. I could not wait and sacrifice any longer. Thank God I have a very supportive husband and family. They were always there to cheer me up, helped me go through with it and prayed with me. After all that has happenned, I reached my full term. I was scheduled for a c-section. My husband and I accepted the fact already from day 1 that I am not going to have a normal delivery because of the complications I have encountered in my pregnancy. I must still say that getting pregnant is the most beautiful part of my life as a woman and Kiehla changed my life for the better. Thank you God Almighty.

4 (na) komento:

  1. Hi Sis! :) Ang sensitive pala ng pregnancy mo.. I'm glad that you were strong enough, and you were able to pull through kahit mahirap. I'm looking forward to more posts! :)

    TumugonBurahin
  2. Oh my, you did have a sensitive pregnancy. I was also put into bedrest during my last term but I still go downstairs and go on bathroom break. I was getting bored. It must have been so scary to be rushed in the hospital at 24 weeks. But I'm glad that the hard work had paid off and you and your baby are safe. :)

    TumugonBurahin
  3. Hi mommies! Miracles do happen and prayers are indeed very powerful. Kiehla just turned 1, how time flies so fast. hirap talaga mgkababy ano.

    TumugonBurahin
  4. Guess I was just lucky to have two uneventful pregnancies behind me kasi bedrest won't work for me! Yun tlaga fear ko, worrier kasi ko, pag may sinabi yung doc na hindi maganda, lalo lang ako nasstress. lol :) but I'm glad you guys are both okay. my baby is a year old too :)

    TumugonBurahin