Martes, Nobyembre 8, 2011

Motherly duties


When you ask a man working for a company for 5 yrs or so how is he, you will hear him answer “same shit different day!" It is like doing the same thing everyday. A routine! For a stay-at-home mom like me, I have my own “routine duties”, too. This how my day goes, Kiehla usually wakes up by 9 or 10, I still nurse her every 3 hours. Yes, I am still breastfeeding her exclusively for 13months now. Because of that I still get exhausted through the night because of the frequent feeding and so my day also starts few minutes before kiehla wakes up. As soon as she wakes up, we cuddle, play in the bed that will take place for about 30 minutes. We eat breakfast together. I eat my bread and she eats her cereals. After meal time that is the time for me to tidy our tiny condo unit, wash the dishes, sterelize kiehla's feeding bottles (I am in the process of weaning her from my breast to bottles), prepare her stuff for bath time. I do all of these while she is busy playing in her play pen. From time to time she cries for attention but after few seconds she will return to her toys. Most of the time I don't get to eat lunch anymore because I am too preoccupied doing my duties. At around 1-2pm, Kiehla is a little restless already so she normally take her afternoon nap at this time. I use this time for myself. I take my bath, tidy kiehla's playpen, take a quick bite and lay myself down beside kiehla for some power nap if time permits. By 4 she is up and good already to play again. In the afternoon we go to my mom's condo unit beside our building. This is where we eat dinner and wait for my husband to arrive from work. About 9pm we are home and prepare for bed time. Kiehla's routine before going to bed: wash her face, hands, diaper area, change clothes, diaper and off to bed. It takes about an hour for her to slow and settle down and at 11pm finally she is asleep, this is my time for myself. My husband is also snoozing by this time. I read my magazines, writing on my blogsite, playing on my phone. This is my own way to distress and take some time off from my motherly duties and prepare for my next day's “routine duties”.

It is tiring! Very! Doing all of the baby sitting alone, it is exhausting. Sometimes when my husband will text me and ask me how are we or how my day goes, I want to give him an odd answer “same shit different day". But my everyday life with my Kiehla is a chance to be a better person and a good mother. I learn from my day to day life at home. And the thought of being with my baby, see her grow makes me feel fulfilled and lucky.

Tomorrow again, baby girl!

5 komento:

  1. I feel you sis ^_^ minsan talaga nakakawhatever na. WAHM naman ako and I have two kids ages 10 and 1. sakin naman yung pressure na hindi ko matapos lahat ng mom duties ko, ayun, sobrang nakakagalit. hehe. kayang-kaya yan :)

    http://your30somethingmom.blogspot.com/

    TumugonBurahin
  2. Hi sis! :) *sigh* I understand what you feel, but I would give everything in the world just to be able to stay at home and take care of my kid.

    Right now, we just cant kasi we're starting out pa lang. Anyhoo, even if you feel like being in a sort of slump, I'm very happy that you feel fulfilled and satisfied being with your little girl. :)

    TumugonBurahin
  3. just wanted you to know that you're not alone in this world. i remember crying one morning because i was bored to doing the morning routines that my body seemed to them automatically. i just wanted it to stop and do something else.

    once a week, sis, give a time for yourself and try something else. we, mommies, also deserve a break :)

    TumugonBurahin
  4. So true! We mommies need a break, it's the only way we can stay sane.

    TumugonBurahin
  5. Thanks, mommies! I just read all your comments now. Cheers to us wonder moms!

    TumugonBurahin